An experienced Nurse Analyst attends and observes the independent medical evaluation and provides a written report of the observations along with an audio tape of the examination. Nurse analysts can prepare the client for the exam in terms of what to expect, provide education such as Do’s & Don’ts, and answer questions about the exam process.
Nurse Analysts can:
- Act as a passive observer
- Have the ability to take notes
- Audio tape the examination and transcribe content post examination
- Document adequacy of testing and examination by provider
- Provide a timeline of encounter with provider to include time taken for exam
- Give testimony at trial and/or deposition of examination