Scanning and document preparation services are performed in order to digitize and organize pertinent records in the way that works best for each individual client. Flexibility and a proprietary record management process allow customization of products to best meet the client’s needs.
“Preparation” includes: batching, sorting, document bursting, staple/paper clip/post-it note removal, unfolding edges, improving poor quality images without altering content, preliminary indexing & other scan preparation procedures.
Organize Records — Benefits
- Organized records can help the client and it’s experts pinpoint issues in the case earlier in the process.
- RN oversight saves time and reduces staffing requirements.
- R&G services can be used routinely or during times of peak workloads to help clients remain competitive and efficient.
- Experts will spend less time sifting through documents and more time evaluating the case.
- With increased efficiency realized through organization, clients will be able to accept new cases and projects without adding additional staff.
- R&G Scanning Stations with enterprise-grade software and cutting-edge hardware built to handle high volumes with ease.
- R&G is one of the few companies that combine Legal Nurse Consulting services with scanning in state-of-the-art facilities.
Customized Scanning Solutions
Simple or complex coding/indexing (manually flagging items of interest i.e. a certain date, record author, recipient, keywords etc.) can be done [for PDF formats only] by keying such information at the time of scanning. Indexing allows the client to retrieve certain record types that have been “coded” during scanning by linking the search criteria to the document image which has been coded.
If your firm has identified an important provider, author, recipient or and/or date, R&G can key in this information to organize the records in a method that is applicable to the case or firm’s preferences. The goal of such coding is to further reduce the time it will take to search for needed, critical documents.
Records can be scanned in a variety of formats including TIF, JPG, and PDF (Adobe Acrobat). The PDF format allows several additional useful options including the ability to code the record, to use an OCR (Optical Character Recognition) process that allows the paper record to be converted to searchable text.
The result: the ability to find additional data points after the scanning has been completed and in a fraction of the time it would have taken to sift through all documents manually.
- CTs, MRIs, X-rays, over-sized blueprints or color photos can be scanned and supplied in various formats depending on the intended usage.
- R&G can help determine the most cost-efficient solution based on the facts of the case.
- Boxing and indexing documents or placement of records on CD/DVD or uploaded to our secure Legal Case Management System.